Calling upon STEM professionals to volunteer as LRSEF judges!
LRSEF will be held as a virtual fair on Saturday, March 5, 2022. View our Virtual Fair FAQ and Judging Criteria for more details.
1) Judging for all 21 Categories at both Middle and High School levels will take place on all day on Saturday, March 5, in two rounds of interactive judging utilizing pre-set Zoom rooms for 15-minute panel interviews. The first round will take place 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. EST/8 – 11 a.m. CST for all students. Students selected as finalists will then move to the second round of judging, to take place 1 – 4 p.m. EST/12 – 3 p.m. CST with three, 15-minute Zoom interviews for each project.
Student Abstracts and Presentation materials will be available for assigned judges to review online, in advance of fair day.
2) Special Awards Judging will be done online this year IN ADVANCE of fair day.
Please sign up to judge both Category awards and Special awards since the
judging will be on different days. Only Special Awards finalists in the “Top
Ten” awards will be scheduled for Zoom interviews. These will be held on
Thursday, March 3, between 4 – 8 p.m. EST/3 – 7 p.m. CST. Please indicate in the Special Award sign up if you are available to volunteer on that day.
3) Register today, then ask your colleagues from out of town to join in volunteering, since all judging will be virtual and not require travel to Louisville.
4) Also new this year, in order to ensure the safety of all LRSEF student
participants, every volunteer judge for LRSEF will be asked to participate in a background check provided by the professional company called Sterling Volunteers.
Once you register as a judge, LRSEF will send you an invitation to confidentially submit information for the check. If you are able to cover the $19 fee, LRSEF thanks you for this donation. If the fee is a struggle or stretch this year, we truly understand and LRSEF will cover your fee. If you
prefer not to volunteer as a judge because of this security requirement, LRSEF thanks you for your past service.
BIOLOGY & HEALTH
- Animal Sciences
- Biomedical and Health Sciences
- Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Plant Science
- Translational Medical Science
CHEMISTRY & ENERGY
- Energy: Sustainable Materials & Design
- Material Science
PHYSICS & ENGINEERING
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Embedded Systems
- Engineering Mechanics
- Environmental Engineering
- Physics and Astronomy
- Biomedical Engineering
SYSTEMS & SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
- Robotics and Intelligent Machines
- Systems Software
Thank you for volunteering as a JUDGE at LRSEF! Your time and talent are much appreciated by LRSEF students, teachers and parents. YOUR talents are needed as Category Judges and Special Awards Judges; you may sign up for both.
Additional ways you and your organization can help LRSEF!
- Sponsor and judge an extra Special Award in one or more of our subject areas.
- Become a STEM mentor for an individual middle or high school student or teacher. For more information, contact email@example.com.
- Contribute funds to support LRSEF high school regional winners as they are promoted to the International Science & Engineering Fair.