Calling upon STEM professionals to volunteer as LRSEF judges!
LRSEF needs CATEGORY JUDGES for 21 STEM categories and SPECIAL AWARDS JUDGES.
Registration is open NOW at lrsef.stemwizard.com.
If you have volunteered to judge in the past, please update/re-activate your registration.
If you are a new judge, thank you for joining us, please register today!
When: LRSEF 2020 is on Saturday, March 7, 2020. Snow date: Sunday, March 8, 2020.
Time frame: Select one or both judging sessions: 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. / 12:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Where: University of Louisville Swain Student Activities Center
Details: Volunteer to work with a team of 2-5 judges to determine winning projects and award awesome prizes to Junior (grades 6-8) and/or Senior (grades 9-12) students. LRSEF recruits category judges in four subject area clusters: Biology & Health, Chemistry & Energy, Physics & Engineering, and Systems & Social Sciences (outlined below).
For judges interested in judging special awards: See our Awards Page to look at our special awards from previous years.
BIOLOGY & HEALTH
- Animal Sciences
- Biomedical and Health Sciences
- Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Plant Science
- Translational Medical Science
CHEMISTRY & ENERGY
- Energy: Sustainable Materials & Design
- Material Science
PHYSICS & ENGINEERING
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Embedded Systems
- Engineering Mechanics
- Environmental Engineering
- Physics and Astronomy
- Biomedical Engineering
SYSTEMS & SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
- Robotics and Intelligent Machines
- Systems Software
Thank you for volunteering as a JUDGE at LRSEF! Your time and talent are much appreciated by LRSEF students, teachers and parents. YOUR talents are needed as Category Judges and Special Awards Judges; you may sign up for both.
Additional ways you and your organization can help LRSEF!
- Sponsor and judge an extra Special Award in one or more of our subject areas.
- Become a STEM mentor for an individual middle or high school student or teacher. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Donate scientific, engineering or health-related gear as prizes for fair day.
- Contribute funds to send LRSEF high school regional winners to the International Science & Engineering Fair.